As mentioned in my previous knitting post I have been creating some items for my brother & sister-in-law as they are expecting their first baby. She has now arrived a week & a half late. I’m so very excited at becoming an Auntie!! 🙂
I wanted to give them a blanket, this one sort of created itself as I went along:
You will need:
x3 balls of Wendy Serenity ‘Super Chunky Wool’ for the main blanket
x1 ball of Sirdar Click ‘Chunky with Wool’ for the border
9mm Needles for the main blanket
6 1/2mm Needles for the border
- Cast on 50 sts using the Serenity wool & 9mm needles.
- *K25, P25 repeat for 25 rows
- P25, K25 repeat for 25 rows*
- Repeat from * to * once.
- Cast off.
- ^Using the 6 1/2mm needles & Click wool, pick up sts at the top of the blanket & knit 3 rows (loosely).^
- Cast off.
- Repeat from ^ to ^ on each side.
The blanket is approx 46cm x 80cm.
In hindsight I should probably have knitted the border a little more loosely or used wool that was the same thickness as the main blanket as the border was a little tight. However it does add texture to the overall blanket so I am happy with it. Plus the colours really go together. (Even if I do say so myself!)